Whether you are starting your site or rebranding, it is likely (unless you have a big budget available to hire a photographer) you will need to use stock photography!
Stock photos are professional photographs that are bought and sold royalty-free to use for design purposes. They are helpful to use to fill in elements of a website or use in social media or to create other graphical elements.
Here are a few sources I love (and have used!) for stock photography
- SC Stockshop – Beautiful images! They are on the more expensive side, but absolutely gorgeous!
- Her Creative Studio – This is one of my favorites and I have used her images on my own sites. If you are looking for styled stock photographs, this is a great option!
- Kate Max Stock – Another great site for styled stock! They also offer a membership program.
- Creative Market – This is SUCH a great source for stock, fonts, themes, etc. They are one of the first places I check for ideas and inspiration.
- Unsplash – They have a large selection of images and they are all FREE!
- Death to Stock – You can sign up for monthly images for free or subscribe for monthly access to their photo library. If you post frequently to social media, this is a great way to keep your content fresh!